This tour visits popular Japanese gardens including: Tofuku-ji Temple, Shoren-in Temple and Murin-an. Enjoy matcha green tea and confectionery at Shoren-in Temple.
08 Jan - 26 Dec 2019: Tue,Thu, Sat (except 19, 21, 23, 26, 28 Nov 2019)
13:30 Depart from New Miyako Hotel
Walk to Kyoto Station.
JR Kyoto Station to JR Tofukuji Station, Tofuku-ji Temple
Tofuku-ji Temple Honbo Garden (45 min) Feast your eyes on four Japanese-style gardens that surround the Hojo building on the north, east, south and west sides. The gardens were designed by renowned landscape architect Mirei Shigemori in the Showa Period. This garden was constructed about 80 years ago.
Keihan Railway Tofukuji Station to Higashiyama Station, Shoren-in Temple
Shoren-in Temple (30 min) See historic gardens such as the one designed by Soami about 500 years ago, or the one designed by Kobori Enshu from about 400 years ago.
Murin-an (50 min) Visit Murin-an, originally built as a villa about 120 years ago for Yamagata Aritomo, who was an important political figure. Featuring water sourced through a canal from Lake Biwa, the garden was designed by Ogawa Jihei VII, who was a garden architect throughout the Meiji, Taisho and Showa eras. Enjoy having some matcha green tea and confectionery while gazing out at the garden.
Keage Station to Sanjo-Keihan Station
17:30 Tour end at Sanjo-Keihan Station.
Please head to your next destination on your own.
- English speaking guide
- Transportation expenses in the tour
- Matcha green tea with confectionery
- Admission fee
1. As this is a walking tour, please wear shoes and clothing that are suitable for walking. (approx. 5 km )
2. Public transportation will be used to move around on this tour. Please note that seating is not guaranteed.
3. If the minimum number of participants (2) is not met by 4 days before the scheduled date, the tour on that date may be cancelled.