Visit Jigokudani Onsen, the only hot spring in the world where Monkeys are allowed to enter.
During warmer days, the Monkeys are foraging around nearby. In Winter, they climb down the cliff to get into the hot spring. If you are lucky enough, you might be able to see the Monkeys having a hot bath in the outdoor area.
Dec 2018 : 2, 4, 6, 9, 11, 13, 16, 18, 20, 23, 25, 27
Jan 2019: 1-3, 5, 9, 12-13, 15, 19, 26 - 28, 31
Feb 2019: 2, 5, 9 - 10, 13, 15 - 17, 20, 23 - 25, 28
Mar 2019: 1 - 3, 5
Minimum number: 10 people
In case the minimum number is not reached and the tour needs to be cancelled, a notice will be sent by e-mail 4 days before the tour and a full refund will be provided.
- In case of traffic congestion or any other uncontrollable reasons, we may need to change the tour schedule or shorten the time in each sightseeing spot.
- As the weather is cold, please wear warm clothes.
- The walk from the parking area to Jigokudani Onsen will take about 40 mins on an icy / snowy path. Please ensure to wear shoes which enable walking smoothly and easily.
- As the path is slippery and wet when snowing, it is recommended that you can prepare mountaineering boots to ensure you do not hurt yourself. There are boots and jackets rental store at the entrance. But as stock and size are limited, we recommend you to bring it by yourself.
- According to different season, weather, and health condition of the monkeys, there is a chance that you may not be able to see the monkeys. In this case, there will be no refund.
- Please do not feed the monkeys or you may be attacked by them.
- Language used by accompanied staff is Japanese, and "video translation service" or "pocket translation device" will be used for language support. In addition on the departure day, we will distribute travel voucher which written in your desire language. (English or Chinese)
- Participant of this tour will ride with Japan local visitor.
07:20 Depart from Shinjuku Tokyo
For departure December : Lunch at own expense
For departure from January : Lunch will be offered with three kind of meat
(beef, pork & chicken) shabu shabu
11:00 Arrive at Kamibayashi parking area and walk to Jigokudani Onsen.
(It takes around 40 minutes)
13:00 Visit the popular Snow Monkeys for around 40 - 60 minutes
15:00 Walk back to Kamibayashi parking area
*for departure from January, hot spring bath is available at Toyono Onsen apple pool
for 60 min.
Take a break at service area
20:30 Arrive back at Shinjuku and make you own way back to your hotel.
* Minimum number of participants : 10 people