Relive the magic of youth with a visit to the popular Ghibli Museum, Hotel Gajoen, which inspired an important building in one of the Ghibli films, as well as Edo-Tokyo Open Air Architectural Museum.
08 Jan - 28 Feb 2020: Wed, Thu, Fri
02 Mar - 18 Dec 2020: Mon, Wed, Thu, Fri
(except 18 - 29 May, 4 - 13 Nov 2020)
10:00 am: Assemble at Keio Plaza Hotel's Main Tower in Shinjuku.
10:45-12:00 Lunch at Hotel Gajoen Tokyo (60 mins)
13:00-15:00 Ghibli Museum (120 min): Interact with the imaginative exhibits, view originally animated films that weren't released anywhere else, and prowl the winding architecture, filled from corner to corner with everything Ghibli.
15:40-16:10 Edo- Tokyo Open Air Architectural Museum (30 min) or Jindai-ji Temple or Takahata-hudoson Kongo-ji Temple.
17:00 - 17:30 Tour disband in Shinjuku.
- Guiding by a certified tour guide/interpreter
- Admission fees
- Consumption tax
1. The tour will be cancelled if Ghibli Museum is closed due to unforeseen circumstances. Information on closed days in 2020 will be determined starting from January 2020. Please be aware that tour dates are subject to change.
If the tour cannot visit Hotel Gajoen Tokyo or Edo-Tokyo Open Air Architectural Museum due to facility circumstances, an alternate destination will be visited and the tour will still be held. Please note that in this case, refunds will not be provided.
2. Baby strollers cannot be taken into Ghibli Museum.
3. Children 3 years of age and younger may join the tour, but they will not be provided with bus seats or meals.
4. Participants may not go directly to the destination on their own, and may not join the tour midway. Leaving the tour midway at Ghibli Museum is allowed. In such cases, customers must head to their next destination on their own from Ghibli Museum, and no refunds will be provided.
5. The National Government Licensed Guide Interpreter does not provide guidance inside Ghibli Museum.
After arriving at Ghibli Museum, participants will have time to walk freely through the museum once entrance procedures are finished.
6. Arrival times may be delayed by traffic conditions.
7. Please understand that vegetarian options are not available.
8. Edo-Tokyo Open Air Architectural Museum is closed on Mondays. (Open if Monday is a holiday.) In such cases, the tour will visit Jindaiji Temple or Takahata Fudoson Temple instead.
9. Meal Venue
In the case that the meal cannot be provided at Hotel Gajoen Tokyo due to facility circumstances, the meal venue will be changed.