Enjoy the beautiful nature and spend a few hours away from the modern world taking a journey into two historical towns. On this tour, you will visit Tsukago and Magome, a trail that has been well kept, and building from 400 years ago still stands today. Explore the beautiful rural side with a friendly guide!
Day 1 1-Day Kisoji, Nakasendo Trail Tour
8:40 a.m: Meet your guide and fellow participants at JR Nagoya Tourist Information Center
Magome & Tsumago (260 min): Walk through the streets of Magome and Tsumago, the trail is a well-maintained section of the Nakasendo trails. Enjoy beautiful nature along the trail.
5:00 p.m: Tour ends, dispands at JR Nagoya Station. Please make your own way to your next destination.
- National Government Licensed English Guide Interpreter
- Consumption Tax
- If the minimum number of participants (2) is not met by 7 days before the scheduled date, the tour on that date may be canceled. Bookings for groups comprised only of 2 child customers are not allowed.
- Participants using wheelchairs and those who have trouble walking must participate with a companion. As the tour will spend the entire day visiting sightseeing spots that are not completely accessible, customers may need to take a detour or there may be areas that customers cannot visit.
- Please note that the National Government Licensed Guide Interpreter cannot provide assistance or help.
- Refunds will not be provided even if restrictions on entry are placed by the facility on the day without notice, if a customer does not enter a facility for their own reason, if boarding tickets are not used, etc.
- The Zen temple in Magome may not be visited due to on-going memorial services, etc.
- This tour will use the limited express train Wide View Shinano (ordinary car, reserved seat) for the round trip between Nagoya and Nakatsugawa/Nagiso. The limited express train Wide View Shinano operating schedule and operating section is subject to change without prior notice. In the case that it cannot be used due to timetable changes, service interruptions, etc., alternate transportation will be provided via Rapid or Local train (ordinary car, non-reserved seat), bus, or other method. For the trip between Tsumago and Nagiso Station, if taxis are full, the tour will take a route bus instead. Refunds will not be issued, and additional payment will not be required in such cases.
- The order of activities and arrival times may differ depending on road conditions and congestion at destinations.
- As the limited express train Wide View Shinano experiences many delays, please make sure to work out any after-tour plans for after 17:00 and allow yourself at least 60 minutes of leeway.
- Even if the arrival time is delayed, no compensation will be given for flights, accommodation, meals, taxi fares, etc.
- Customers on this plan must meet at the meeting location on their own. The meeting location is the Nagoya Station Tourist Information Center. Please be careful; it is not the JR Information desk.
- A National Government Licensed English Guide Interpreter accompanies this tour.
- Children age 2 and younger may not join this tour. Ages are determined based on how old the participant will be on the day of the tour.
- Lunch not included. Enjoy a meal on your own while strolling around Magome or Tsumago.
- This tour is conducted on foot. Please participate in shoes and clothes which are easy to walk in. For the walk along Nakasendo Trail, enjoy approximately 60 minutes of walking along a 3.3 kilometer section of the trail. While the route is easy enough for beginners to walk along, there are some areas with ups and downs, as well as slippery areas.
- The Nakasendo Trail Walking may not be available due to freezing, heavy rains, or other weather conditions. The decision will be left to the guide.
- Please use the following average temperatures as a reference: Jan. - Mar.: 0~3°C, Apr. - June: 10~15°C, July - Sept.: 20~25°C, Oct. - Dec.: 5~13°C