See the great sights Nara has to offer! Travel from Kyoto to Nara by bus, where you can visit Todai-ji Temple, home to one of the largest wooden structures in the world and the Great Buddha - the largest Buddha statue in Japan. Walk along Nara Park and mingle with hundreds of freely roaming deer, as well as taking a visit to Kasuga-taisha Shrine, Nara’s most famous shrine with gorgeous bronze lanterns. .
|Departure||Jan. 5-Dec. 30: Daily|
|Code||From Kyoto : JG-1NN3101NNS|
|From Osaka : JG-1NP8601NNS|
|From Osaka departure additional change required|
Day 1 Kyoto - Nara - Kyoto
12:30 pm: Depart Hotel Granvia Osaka. Take the JR rapid train (non-reserved seat) to Kyoto Station.
1:45 pm: Meet at AVANTI Sunrise Tours Desk (Kyoto Station Hachijo Exit)
Todai-ji Temple & Nara Park (60 mins): Behold the world's largest bronze statue, Great Statue of Buddha, whose tremendous height of 14.98 m (49.1 ft) required nearly 10 years in the making and over 3,000 metal plates. In Nara Park, interact with over 1,200 wild deer that roam the park, considered sacred messengers of Shinto gods according to local folklore.
Kasuga-grand Shrine (40 min):The most famous and beautiful Shinto shrine in Nara, it features some 3,000 antique stone and bronze lanterns.
Nara Nagomikan (20 min) - This facility offers a wide variety of local crafts, goods and souvenirs.
From Kyoto: 6:30 - 7:30pm Drop-off service to major hotels in Kyoto provided. Tour will end upon arrival at hotel.
6:30 - 7:30 p.m From Kintetsu Nara Station take a train (non-reserved seat) to Osaka Namba Station. Tour will end upon arrival at Osaka Namba Station.
Please gather at the pick-up point at least 10 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
Subject to change due to operational reasons. Please re-consult the departure location and time with your travel consultant at the time of booking.
- Admission Fee
- Guiding by a certified tour guide/interpreter
- Consumption tax
- If the minimum number of participants (1) is not met by 4 days before the scheduled date, the tour on that date may be canceled.
- During the Gion Festival (Sakimatsuri, July 15 - 16), drop-off service to Karasuma Kyoto Hotel and Hotel Nikko Princess Kyoto will be unavailable due to traffic restrictions.
- Participants will walk from the parking lot to Todai-ji Temple (about 15 min one-way). Thank you for your understanding. Please inform us at the time of booking if any person in your group is using crutches or a wheelchair, or has a chronic illness that makes it difficult to walk for long distances.
- At Kasuga Taisha Shrine, the tour does not include entrance to areas requiring admission.
- Nara Nagomikan may be omitted from the itinerary if it is closed on the day of the tour, or as a result of traffic congestion
- Connection to the Kyoto Night Tour or Kyoto Maiko Dinner is not possible.
- The order of activities and arrival times may differ depending on road conditions and congestion at destinations.