See Kyoto's highlights on a three-hour morning sightseeing tour on a bicycle. A perfect introduction for a first-time visitor, your professional guide will escort you through Miyagawacho Geisha District and Gion District where Maiko girls and Geiko women gather. You will also visit Yasaka Shrine, see the willow trees along the Shirakawa River and visit the Heian-jingu Shrine. This tour concludes at Cycle Terminal at Kyoto Station, leave you an afternoon to explore on your own.
|Time||09:15 am - 13:00 pm|
|Departure||06 Jan-25 Dec 2020: Mon, Wed, Fri, Sun|
9:15 am: Assemble at Kyoto New Miyako Hotel. Continue on a bicycle to the following.
Miyagawacho Geisha District: The tour cycles around in Miyagawacho, the second biggest among the five entertainment districts in Kyoto. Along with Gion, the district has its unique taste with machiya (traditional wooden merchant houses) lined along narrow streets.
Gion District: This area had developed as a major hanamachi (entertainment district with maiko girls and geiko women) and still keeps a refined and elegant atmosphere of old times.
Yasaka Shrine: Yasaka Shrine is dedicated to a local deity and is a popular sightseeing spot in Kyoto, attracting numerous tourists through the year.
Shirakawa River: Don't miss the bold red architecture of this beautiful shrine built to celebrate the 1100 year anniversary of the founding of the city of Kyoto.
Heian Jingu Shrine: Shrine dedicated to the spirits of the first and last emperors of the city. A giant Tori gate is the symbol of this shrine.
12:30 - 1:00pm Arrive at the Cycle Terminal at Kyoto Station. The tour will conclude here. Please head to your next destination on your own.
- Cycle Rent
- Consumption Tax
- Certified English-speaking guide
- If the minimum number of participants (2) is not met by 4 days before the scheduled date, the tour on that date may be canceled.
- Participants on this tour must have experience riding a bicycle and be able to ride a bicycle on their own without an issue. No refunds will be given to customers who are unable to ride a bike on the day of the tour.
- Participants on this tour must be between ages 12 and 70, and be 155 cm in height or taller.
- The tour route is about 15 km in total. This tour will be conducted even in the case of rain. Rain gear will be provided for free in the case of rain.
- In the case of rain, this cycling tour may be changed to a walking tour, depending on requests from participants. If so, the route will partially be changed. There will be no refunds as a result of this change.
- This tour will not enter Heian Shrine's Shin-en garden.
- Tour destinations may not be changed. Be sure to confirm the destinations in advance.