Takayama is a town famed for being deeply rooted in its local culture and history, where daily life still revolves around its longstanding traditional shops. This entertaining and informative Takayama tour takes lets you stroll down the side streets of a beautiful town, practically unchanged since the Edo period while having a bite in some of its best food shops along the way!
Day 1 Takayama
9:30 am: Meet the guide at Takayama Jinya.
You’ll be introduced to sights that tell of Takayama’s rich culture and history, regaled with fascinating stories, and even meet some of our local food heroes throughout shops that still retain the authentic atmosphere of days long past.
In addition to visiting both tofu and miso shops to learn a bit about how these timeless food staples are made, this Takayama tour allows you to experience the goodness and artistry of “Wagashi” Japanese sweets.
And sample some local sake varieties that have been part of the Takayama food scene for generations. Learn about the wonders of Takayama through sight, sound and taste—and experience what the locals already know and love.
12:00 pm: Tour ends. Please make your own way to your next destination.
- Trained and experienced English speaking guide
- Food tasting
- Number of participants : Maximum 8 people / Minimum 2 people.
- The order of activities and arrival times may differ depending on road conditions and congestion at destinations.
- We must start the tour on time. You will not be able to join the tour, get refund or rescheduled if you are late for the tour and missed the group.
- Be sure to wear comfortable shoes.